X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) – ‘Administrative Processing’ for ‘B1’ Business Visa

Hi all !

I appeared for ‘B1’ Visa interview on 25/05/2011
    Years in US: 0 (never been in US before)
    Background: Mechanical Engineer in Oil Industry
    Degree: Master of Engineering Honor
    Work Experience: 8 years
    Muslim name: YES
    Purpose of trip: attend conference/training in US
    Waiting time (present): 52 days
    Issued: 221(g) White form ‘Administrative Processing”

Dear applicant:
    The Consular Section is unable to conclude processing in your nonimmigrant visa (NIV) application at this time, as we require additional information. Further action in your case has been suspended under 221(g) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), pending the receipt and review of additional processing.
    Your application requires administrative processing and/or additional clearances.
    If you fail to take action requested within one year of the 221(g) decision, your application will expire.

Interview went fine: VO asked me just one question ‘Are you an Engineer?’ and interview took 1 minute. I don’t know what kind of check they are doing on my case…
    -TAL
    -CONDOR
    -NCIC FBI name check
    -or anything else

I didn’t provide the consulate with original Letter of Invitation because I had not received it by that time (on-line copy of Letter of Invitation was provided). 1 minute of interview and finally 221(g) white form issued with case number on it. I missed my conference and postponed it to the next available. Now I have received both of the original Letter of Invitations. I would like to ask you advise that do I need to provide embassy with this Letter of Invitations as prove. But they never ask for any additional documents, and I never call or e-mail them. 52 day of silence!

Please let me know if anyone has gone through like this.

Any reply will be very much appreciated.

You didn't mention which consulate you went for PA?

I appeared for ‘B1’ Visa interview last year in April 2011 at mumbai Consulate and got the visa even though mine is Muslim name. But now I am stuck in 221g at Kol (had to go to Kol consulate as Mumbai is closed for H and L visas)

However one of my friend recently went to Mumbai consulate for B1 and he was handed over 221g. He got it cleared in 2 months. He is not Muslim.

Thanks,
    Farajana.

Comment

Farajana,

Firstly appreciate your reply and shared information.
      I am resident of Eastern Europe country. And I applied for visa in my home country.
      Current waiting time in calendar days is 69.
      I think that is very long time for ‘B1’ type of visa. I have to be in states just for 5 days to take my training.
      Really that is not fear to wait that kind of long time to be in US just for 5 days.
      In case if I apply for ‘F1’ or ‘H1B’ that understandable waiting time can be long, but for ‘B1’ shouldn’t be. On the other hand I understand that type of checks is not depends on visa type. Any type of visa can take different type of checks.
      As far as I know there is no any time limit for Admin Process, this can take up to year or more. I bless and hope we will receive it quicker.

As you mentioned that at present time you stuck with 221(g). Which visa type did you apply for? As far as I understand H or L.
      Last edited by handsome; 08-03-2011, 02:43 AM.

Comment

am in India and had appeared for PA at Kolkata on 27th June 2011 along with my 2 kids for L1A and L2 resp. Till the time, I got pink slip, I wasn't aware of this whole 221g as I already been to US on H1, L1 visas in past.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X